Thursday, September 3, 2015

the easiest dining room update


Happy Friday and long weekend friends!   
I'm working with a fun client who has some beautiful pieces of furniture she still loves
 but wants a budget friendly refresh. We're starting in her dining room, one of my
favorite ways to add some personality is to replace the chairs on one side of the dining
 table with a bench. In fact, a zillion years ago my first real dining room table was glass and 
brass with upholstered box cushion benches on each side, (similar to the last photo) oh how
 I loved it! Anyway, she's on board with the idea, but with so many great style options we're
 still narrowing it down. Do you have a favorite?

A simple park bench style...

Style Me Pretty - Erin Graber

French style upholstered tufted linen...

Sinclair & Moore

Colonial style Windsor bench...

Paulina Ardklin 

Clean lined modern style...

bhg.com

Simple style covered in bold textile...

yacineaziz.com

Modern tufted box cushion with metal leg detail...

atlantahomesmag.com

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get to enjoy some time
with your family or friends!



9 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh I love that last one with the metal legs, so perfect next to the chunkier table! I love our bench, we pull it up for extra seating when we have guests and doesn't take up a lot of space. Great way to update your client's dining room!

Anonymous said...

So pretty. I love the style and comfort of the 2nd and the last. I also love the comfort of leaning back, so I guess I would go for an upholstered bench with a back. Happy Labor Day!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

They are all great! The first one is interesting in that it combines so many different styles and elements.
xo
Patty

Crazy Wonderful said...

Really love that last one with the metal legs. It's exactly what I want for mine :)

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I'm all for a comfy bench with padded seat and a back so people linger longer at the table!

gayle said...

I couldn't find thw source of the mirror on the BHG site, any clues?

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

Love the bench idea! We have eight children and when they are all home at one time, it's impossible to squeeze four chairs to a side but I think the bench would work and I love the look! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

I love the bench idea but only if it has a back. I would hate to be seated on a backless bench. Too uncomfortable.

Vel Criste said...

I did this with mine and haven't changed it since then!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover