Sunday, October 2, 2011

chair reupholster in greek key

                     I found this cane chair at an estate sale and happily paid full asking price - $10!
                              Here is a quick rundown of how I reupholstered it in 85 simple steps,
                                              just kidding, it really wasn't bad, I promise!
                           
**Update**
I've added this newer photo since my makeover was one done in my second month of
 blogging, but it's still one of my all-time favorite garage sale makeovers. Yikes, please
            forgive the beginner photos and tutorial. :)
 The black secretary was a fun Craigslist makeover here.           


                                                              ~ before and after~
                                       

    

                      I'm not the only one at our house who loves a classic Greek key fabric!
I took the easy way out revised it a bit and
didn't make the box cushion or double welt since it was my first time.
I chose one covered button centered on the back cushion - brave, I know!

              ~  begin by removing trim/welt, staples, existing fabric and foam
              ~  take photos as you take it apart, you'll need them when you put it back together
              ~  use the pieces you remove as a pattern onto your new fabric
              ~  when it's down to bare bones, refinish as you wish
              ~  remember the photos you took - follow them as you reupholster!

                                          A week day in the life of an upholsterer....
  
                              





It adds a nice touch to the living room update!  


Joining Primitive and Proper Thrifted Makeover

15 comments:

NN Bee said...

Looks GREAT. The original owners are going to want their chair back.

Leslie said...

Great find and redo, love the new look1 LZ

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Oh my gosh, Pam! What a fabulous job you've done. I've never reupholstered anything on my own, but you've given me hope that I might be able to pull it off!

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof said...

Hi, just jumped over from Lori's blog post! Wow what a transformation! Great job :) I'm a new blogger to ....just joined your friend connect site! Happy Blogging!

Brandi said...

I love this chair! The fabric looks great! -visiting from Lori's blog!

Inspired in Arvada said...

Wow! Your "new" chair is beautiful! I've never re-upholstered anything but your blog is making me feel brave!

A Vintage Vine said...

Just beautiful! Love that fabric!

Andrea said...

Holy chair!! This is an amazing makeover. I love the fabric! I'm your newest follower.

Decor & Harmony said...

Fabtastic! I love your restyle nice fabric choice. I like the name of your blog also, stop by for a blog visit!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

That looks incredible! Such a good fabric and paint choice. I'm about to redo some cane wingback chairs and I can't decide between doing a solid or a fun pattern on the cushions. Your example might have just tipped the scales!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Pam! Just came across your blog! What a great site you have! Love what you did with this chair! Just gorgeous! I am your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!!

Good Time Charlie said...

What a fantastic makeover! Great work. visiting from vintage vine.

All Things Fabulous said...

Saying I love this chair is an understatement. Did you paint the frame after stripping it?? I am over from Savvy Southern Style. I will be back!!!

BUILDMyplace said...

Both builders and homeowners always prefer durable hardwood flooring for both commercial and residential interiors. Coretec Flooring solutions deliver a wide range of waterproof flooring designs made of high-quality materials and can withstand any kind of stress happening due to human traffic. In addition, the luxury vinyl planks from COREtec have a high-strength base layer and a super durable wear layer, making them durable for the interiors. So there is no surprise that these floor designs are the best choice for consumers.

Teresa said...

This combo appears to be fantastic. Use a outdoor plastic sofa instead of dark-colored wood or heavy steel. Sofas provide a comfortable environment around you. It helps you feel at ease and relaxed.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover